"Never give up until you have reached home."
~Anonymous

(Odyssey Game Shot)

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Sirens' Song

(Music Notes)
We carefully avoided problems with the Sirens today. While sailing past them, my men stuck beeswax in their ears as to not hear their beautiful, luring song. I, on the other hand, wanted to listen to the song because I had heard stories that men come out wiser when they have listened to the song. My men tied me so that I wouldn't kill myself; I gave them clear orders not to let me loose even if I wanted to be untied. The song was so lovely that I wanted to swim over to them, so I pleaded with my men to untie me. Perimedes and Eurylochus simply tied me more. The song indeed made me wiser, and I am very thankful to my men for keeping me tied up.

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome, Odysseus. It was our duty to keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete